Architecture and the environment
|Hygrothermal Laboratory||Acoustic Laboratory||Fire Laboratory FireLAB||Sustainable Building Laboratory||Laboratory of Composite Structures||Laboratory of hydrometeorology & hydropedology|
Team leader: Ing. Antonín Lupíšek, Ph.D.Deputy team leader: Ing. Martin Volf, Ph.D.
- We deal with building envelopes, building physics and advanced material solutions.
- We develop structures and other products based on renewable and recycled materials, taking into account their fire safety and acoustic quality.
- We specialize in high-performance composite systems and components, building envelopes with integrated power functions and intelligent control systems.
- Our research program focuses on prefabrication of energy-efficient buildings and a new generation of prefabricated curtain walls for energy-efficient buildings.
- We build databases for a comprehensive assessment of the functional properties of buildings throughout their life cycle.
- We quantitatively assess microclimatic conditions in an urbanized environment, such as monitoring water and energy flows across different types of surfaces, their retention capabilities, etc.
Results / Products
- Envilop is a curtain wall system based on the wood