We are the University Center for Energy Efficient Buildings of the Czech Technical University, located in Buštěhrad near Kladno. We connect science with the commercial sphere and bring to the market new solutions that help our users to be one step ahead in technology. Our passion is buildings, cities, energy, environment, innovation and sustainability.
Due to the growing demand for our services, we are now looking to join the Photovoltaic Systems and Energy team, who will work with us on applied research within projects and contract research for the private sector. Our main work in this team is idea designs and simulations of systems and their control using photovoltaics, batteries or heat pumps, all with regard to the concept of decentralized energy.
What awaits you?
- Emphasis on research that reaches the stage of real-world application,
- the possibility to see the connections between the energy source and the entire system not only within the Czech Republic and to participate in the creation of their concept,
- involvement in solving projects for the development and application of new technologies and solutions in the field of photovoltaics and decentralized energy (accumulation, LDS, community energy, energy-plus districts),
- consultancy in the field of technical solutions (decentralized energy) for cities and municipalities, but also the private sector,
- drafting of technical solutions and innovations for assigned projects,
- tracking trends and identifying end-user needs to use the latest science in the field,
- cooperation with other team members dealing with energy simulations and models,
- work in an international team on prestigious Horizon 2020 projects with a project consortium across Europe.
What should an ideal candidate know and have?
- High school education in the field of electrical engineering or a similar technical field,
- theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of renewable sources and new energy with a focus on photovoltaics, energy storage and smart grids (min. 3 years of experience),
- the ability to work independently and maybe later the ability to organize work not only for yourself, but also for others (when working together on a project),
- communicative knowledge of the English language for working on international projects and communication within an international team,
- the ability to present not only your results but also the results of the team to which you will belong,
- basic knowledge of IT (MS Office), an advantage is knowledge of one of the simulation programs for PV systems (PVSOL, PVSyst, Homer, RetScreen...),
- projection experience an advantage,
- the desire to innovate and work non-routinely.
And what can we offer you?
- Work in a modern building in a quiet environment near Prague (possibility of using shared transport),
- an interesting and innovative environment on the border between the academy and the corporate environment,
- full or part-time (min. 0.8),
- various workload requiring a creative approach,
- the possibility of realizing your own ideas and personal development,
- above standard salary conditions,
- application of knowledge and experience in the field of social research methodology and project management,
- work in a friendly team (joint breakfasts, sports events, company parties and teambuilding) and all that free coffee (and sparkling water),
- kids and dogs friendly office,
- flexible working hours, allowance for meals, language courses and further education,
- 30 days vacation,
- the possibility to travel abroad and participate in Czech and international conferences as part of projects.
If the described position interests you, send your CV in Czech or English to email@example.com. We will contact candidates for the first round of interviews on an ongoing basis.