We are the University Centre for Energy Efficient Buildings of the CTU based in Buštěhrad near Kladno. We connect science
with the commercial sphere and bring new solutions to the market that help our users to be one step ahead in technology. Our
passion is buildings, cities, energy, environment, innovation and sustainability.
We are looking for a new colleague to join the Participatory Planning and Design team as a Senior Research Team Member.
The main task of the new fellow will be to continue European projects within the Horizon Europe programme focusing on urban
innovation, social learning and the implementation of New European Bauhaus principles.
What waits for you?
- Cooperation with international partners on projects promoting sustainable urban development,
- active work with stakeholder focus groups in projects in the form of individual and group interviews, focus groups and workshops - both in person and using online tools,
- publishing - from project deliverables to popular and scientific publications,
- working with public authorities on implementation of NEB principles into local policy and innovation projects,
- applying your existing knowledge and skills in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge in the area of urban innovation, social learning, sustainable urban development and the New European Bauhaus,
- fluency in English; at least communicative knowledge of Czech is an advantage,
- knowledge of basic methodologies and tools of social science research and data processing procedures (especially qualitative research),
- experience in research projects,
- willingness to learn project management (project management experience as an advantage),
- MA or equivalent in sociology, social psychology, social anthropology, social economics, social geography or related, PhD as an advantage,
- academic record of experience in the field of urban innovation, social learning, sustainable urban development and the New European Bauhaus.
- Part-time, flexible project-based working hours - ideal for combining with other activities,
- opportunity to work in a modern building in a quiet environment near Prague (possibility to use shared transport),
- interesting and innovative environment between academy and corporate environment,
- motivating salary conditions,
- varied workload requiring a creative approach,
- opportunity to implement your own ideas and personal development,
- applying knowledge and experience in social research methodology and project management,
- work in a friendly team (shared breakfasts, sporting events, company parties and teambuilding),
- Kids and dogs friendly office,
- free coffee and tea at the workplace,
- vitamin days,
- system for car sharing from Prague, especially from around Dejvice and metro A
- company transfers from Buštěhrad to UCEEB and back,
- flexible working hours, meal allowance, language courses and further education,
- all day reception services,
- 30 days holiday,
- opportunity to travel abroad within projects and to participate in Czech and international conferences,
- creative and inspiring work in science and research and thus be involved in projects that return the green and blue color to our Earth.
Send your CV together with a motivation letter until 15th Oct. 2023 to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be continuously contacted and invited for an interview.
Expected start November / December 2023, possibly by agreement.
Contact person: Jan Seibert.
Please note that any offer of employment will be subject to viewing your passport/ID card, or your visa, to show proof of
eligibility to work in the Czech Republic.